Sunday 3 January 2016

Music Research

I have found a good website called Bensound that does good royalty free music. Here are a few tracks that I am considering using in my trailer.

A song called Piano Moment  would be good to use for when the robot is alone and is still trying to figure things out, and what his purpose in life is. It could easily flow into into different music that I will be using in the trailer. This would create a beautiful cinematic feel to the trailer, it doesn't sound heavily constructed by a computer like most music you find, it will create the sombre emotion that I want the audience to experience.

I first found a song called Enigmatic  that I was considering using for the opening of the film, however it sounds too curious and sounds as if it's meant to be used on an animation. It's too upbeat and isn't serious enough for a sci-fi thriller.


I would like to find a piano sci fi track, however if I cannot find one I may be able to make a track myself.

As there is a change of music in each trailer, I need to find some gritty music that creates tension for towards the end of the trailer when it starts to get a bit violent and the robot starts to malfunction, this will help keep up the fast pace of the trailer and build up the adrenaline.

I have also started looking at a website called Shutter Stock sound that have really cinematic soundtracks. However you have to pay for the music and there are watermarks on the sound tracks which I can work around. They have some great dramatic tracks that I can  use for when the trailer gets more tense, and it would portray the tension I want the audience to feel in order for them to want to go and see the film to find out what happens.

1 comment: