Thursday 21 January 2016

Diary post #15

Whilst editing I have been comparing the two pieces of music to see which one suits the shots better. I have also added in some shots with contrapuntal emotion to the music so that I can tell what music track to use. As you can see I have muted the piano music (the grey music track) so that I can swap between the two in order to see which one sounds better and portrays the emotions I want the audience to feel.


I have also edited the part where the robot and Alice's brother fight. I had to film these part with the actors moving slowley to ensure that I got the shots right, therefore I have had to speed up the shots to make it look as if it were filmed in real time. I have synced the shots with the music, as all of the professional trailers sync their music with the shots. Therefore the music stops, the screen goes blank, this means that the audience are waiting for the next thing to happen. I tried putting footage where the screen goes black however it doesn't create the same adrenaline as the blank screen. I have then edited in the shot where the brother hits the robot when the music comes back in. In the music where it changes pace I have edited in different shots so that it looks snappy and create adrenaline.

No comments:

Post a Comment